jueves, 22 de enero de 2015

Expectations about the future - Block II - UNIT 6

What is an "expectation"?
To be able to respond this interrogant, we should know what is the exactly meaning of this word. As far as I concerned, my concept is based on the description I have found in one of the most known world web page: Wikipedia.

Expectation
In the case of uncertainty, expectation is what is considered the most likely to happen. An expectation, which is a belief that is centered on the future, may or may not be realistic. A less advantageous result gives rise to the emotion of disappointment. If something happens that is not at all expected it is a surprise. An expectation about the behavior or performance of another person, expressed to that person, may have the nature of a strong request, or an order.


Now, that I know what is the meaning of this word, I am able to answer the typical question that usually people ask themselves in their life.

What are you expecting for your future?

Sailing in the sun, you can ask yourself this… what are your expectations when it comes to your future?

Are you expecting to be…
- Financially secure?
- Successful?
- In fit, happy and healthy?
Do you expect to be living your ideal lifestyle 5 years from now?

Well if you aren’t strategically planning, making yourself accountable for your life and taking the necessary steps to achieve your goals then the only thing you should be expecting for your future is more of what you already have.


So what are my expectations for the future then?

Firstly, as a personal opinion, money does not make happiness. You can be such a millionaire gentleman, but having a lot of things does not mean that you are certainly going to be happy. Probably it is a part of being happy for some people, but in my case it is not a total satisfaction. I think that being succesfull is more related with the idea of fulfill your goals, not with the idea of having plenty of money. 

Secondly, to feel fulfilled is needed to be happy. If you comply your goals, you will fill your life with satisfaction, which is an issue that goes beyond a mere whim. A clear example of whim is those people who is always buying unnecessary things like: an ultimate model car, jewelry, the best clothes, and so on. The personal satisfaction comes to your life only when you feel yourself a person able to say, I walked all that difficult way on my own, and now I am who I am. When you are able to have a look at your past and recognize that whatever you are now, is only because your own effort. 

Thirdly, and after I have given to you my point of view I can answer the main question of this article. I consider that my top expectation about the future is to be a high professional. That is what I really have been dreaming all my life, is my principal goal to achieve. Besides, I have some others goals that I would like to accomplish, for example, I want to learn many languages apart from Portuguese and English. Also I want to have a good job where I would be able to develop my career of International Business Management and why not, to have an important charge in this enterprise.

Finally, despite the idea I have, I would like to be financially secure, because it is important to establish a personal account to save some money. As I said before, I say again: money does not make happiness. But it is an important part, nowadays we cannot live if we do not have a well-paid job. Prices are higher than they used to be before and the cost of life is in constant increase. Therefore, to be able to have a family I would like to have some money, for my family livelihood.


These are my personal expectations about the future, I hope you have good expectations too. I would like to share a video with you, that I watched before, as a way of reflection.








No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario