jueves, 22 de enero de 2015

How much time do you spend a day on the news? - Block III - UNIT 12

In some opportunities different people have told me that it is an obligation to read or watch news at the TV. When I was a kid, I used to hate news because my parents always wanted to watch that kind of programs and I couldn’t watch cartoons because of them. But now, I perfectly know that news inform you about important things that have happened during the day
There are different kinds of news, such these ones:
Business news: interprets the economic changes that take place in a society. It could include anything from personal finance, to business at the local market and shopping malls, to the performance of well-known and not-so-well-known companies.
This form of journalism covers news and features articles about people, places and issues related to the field of business.
Environment news: This news includes issues and people that are associated with the non-human world with which humans necessarily interact.


Entertainment news: focuses on the entertainment business and its products. Like fashion, entertainment journalism covers industry-specific news while targeting general audiences beyond those working in the industry itself. 


Political news: includes coverage of all aspects of politics and political science, although the term usually refers specifically to coverage of civil governments and political power.


Sports news:  is an essential element of any news media organization. Sports journalism includes organizations devoted entirely to sports reporting — newspapers such as L'Equipe in France, La Gazzetta dello Sport in Italy, Marca in Spain, and the defunct Sporting Life in Britain, American magazines such as Sports Illustrated and the Sporting News, all-sports talk radio stations, and television networks such as Eurosport, Fox Sports 1, ESPN and The Sports Network (TSN).


Technological news:  includes journalists genres such as news, reports, analysis about a wide variety of topics, including communications technologies, the Internet, social media, scientific research, robotics, and laws and policy regarding the digital world.


World news: is the news media-jargon for news from abroad, about a foreign country or a global subject. For journalism, it is a branch that deals with news either sent by foreign correspondents or news agencies, or — more recently — information that is gathered or researched through distance communication technologies, such as telephone, satellite TV or the internet.


According to this block, in my personal case I use to watch news at TV all the morning. When I wake up, I turn on the TV and watch the news at the “America Television” (channel 4). In some way, it is useful for me when they inform me about local news, as the weather, traffic, universities, etc.

The kind of news I like most is sports news. I am a football lover so I always want to be informed about the teams of my city or also the best teams of the world. Sometimes I watch programs at night to see news about my favorite team which is Alianza Lima. Despite this, I used to check the news of Depor which is a newspaper, but I check the news on the Internet, because it is better for me, as I am always in the street I do not like to hold a newspaper on my backpack so I prefer to read the news in the web page instead of buying the newspaper.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario